terça-feira, 21 de maio de 2024

Elvis Presley - King Creole - Letras

King Creole (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - There's a man in New Orleans / Who plays rock and roll / He's a guitar man / With a great big soul / He lays down a beat / Like a ton of coal / He goes by the name of King Creole / You know he's gone, gone, gone / Jumpin' like a catfish on a pole / You know he's gone, gone, gone / Hip shaking King Creole / When the king starts to do it / It's as good as done / He holds his guitar / like a tommy gun / He starts to growl / From way down his throat / He bends a string / And "that's all she wrote" / Well, he sings a song about a crowded hole / He sings a song about a jelly roll / He sings a song about meat and greens / He wails some blues about New Orleans / Well, he plays something evil / Then he plays something sweet / No matter what he plays / You got to get up on your feet / When he gets the rockin' fever / baby, heaven sakes / He don't stop playin / 'Till his guitar breaks / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music, ASCAP) 2:08 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

As Long as I Have You (Wise / Weisman) - Let the stars fade and fall / And I won't care at all / As long as I have you / Every kiss brings a thrill / And I know that it will / As long as I have you / Let's think of the future / Forget the past / You're not my first love / But you're my last / Take the love that I bring / Then I'll have everything / As long as I have you / Let's think of the future / Forget the past / You're not my first love / But you're my last / Take the love that I bring / Then I'll have everything / As long as I have you / As long, as long as I have you / (Gladys Music / Erika Publishing, ASCAP) 1:50 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Hard Headed Woman (Claude Demetruis) - Well a hard headed woman, / a soft hearted man / been the cause of trouble / ever since the world began / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / Now Adam told to Eve, / "Listen here to me / don't you let me catch you / messin' round that apple tree." / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / Now Samson told Delilah / loud and clear / "Keep your cotton pickin' fingers / out my curly hair." / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / I heard about a king / who was doin' swell / till he started playing / with that evil Jezebel / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been a thorn in the side of man / I got a woman, / a head like a rock / If she ever went away / I'd cry around the clock / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / (Gladys Music, ASCAP) 1:53 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Trouble (Leiber - Stoller) - If you're looking for trouble / You came to the right place / If you're looking for trouble / Just look right in my face / I was born standing up / And talking back / My daddy was a green-eyed mountain jack / Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery / Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me / I've never looked for trouble / But I've never ran / I don't take no orders / From no kind of man / I'm only made out / Of flesh, blood and bone / But if you're gonna start a rumble / Don't you try it on alone / Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery / Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me / I'm evil, evil, evil, as can be / I'm evil, evil, evil, as can be / So don't mess around don't mess around don't mess around with me / I'm evil, I'm evil, evil, evil / So don't mess around, don't mess around with me / I'm evil, I tell you I'm evil / So don't mess around with me / Yeah / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music, ASCAP) 2:16 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Dixieland Rock (Schroeder - Frank) - Well down in New Orleans at the Golden Goose / I grabbed a green-eyed dolly that was on the loose / Well I dig that music, well she said me too / I said pretty baby come on and let's do / The Dixieland rock / Well the Dixieland rock / Let your hair down Sugar, shake it free / And do the Dixieland rock with me / With the blue light shining on her swinging hips / She got the drummer so nervous that he lost his sticks / The cornet player hit a note that's flat / The tromboner hit him while the poor cat sat / The Dixieland rock / Well the Dixieland rock / Let your hair down Sugar, shake it free / And do the Dixieland rock with me / I was all pooped out and when the clock struck four / But she said no daddy can't leave the floor / She wore a clinging dress that fit so tight / She couldn't sit down so we danced all night / The Dixieland rock / Well the Dixieland rock / Let your hair down Sugar, shake it free / And do the Dixieland rock with me / Let your hair dance Sugar, shake it / And do the Dixieland rock with me / (Gladys Music / Rachel's Own, ASCAP) 1:46 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Don't Ask Me Why (Wise - Weisman) - I'll go on loving you / Don't ask me why / Don't know what else to do / Don't ask me why / How sad my heart would be / If you should go / Though you're not good for me / I want you so / It's not the kind / Of love I dream about / But it's the kind / That I can't live without / You're all I'm longing for / Don't say good-bye / I need you more and more / Don't ask me why / I need you more and more / Don't ask me why / (Gladys Music / Erika Publishing, ASCAP) 2:06 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Lover Doll (Wayne - Silver) - Lover doll, oh lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / You're the cutest lover doll / That I ever did ever see / Let me tell you lover doll / You were meant, just meant for me / On the first time that I saw you / How I fell for your cuddly charms / Lover doll I'm crazy for you / Let me rock you in my arms / I'm so glad I found you / Never thought dollies came full grown / I'm gonna tie a ribbon around you / Wrap you up and take you home / I would never treat you badly / Like a cast away broken toy / Lover doll I love you madly / Let me be your lover boy / I'm so glad I found you / Never thought dollies came full grown / I'm gonna tie a ribbon around you / Wrap you up and take you home / I would never treat you badly / Like a cast away broken toy / Lover doll I love you madly / Let me be your lover boy / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Let me be your lover boy / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Let me be your lover boy / Let me be your lover boy / Let me be your lover boy / (Gladys Music / Holly Hill, ASCAP) 2:09 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Crawfish (Weis - Weisman) - Crawfish / Well I went to the bayou just last night / There was no moon but the stars were bright / Put a big long hook on a big long pole / And I pulled Mr. Crawfish out of his hole / Crawfish / See I got him, see the size / Stripped and cleaned before your eyes / Sweet meat look, fresh and ready to cook / Crawfish / Now take Mr. Crawfish in your hand / He's gonna look good in your frying pan / If you fry him crisp or you boil him right / He'll be sweeter than sugar when you take a bite / Crawfish / (Gladys Music / Erika Publishing, ASCAP) 1:38 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Young Dreams (Kalmanoff - Schroeder) - (Young dreams of love, young dreams of love) / Young dreams (Young dreams, young dreams) / My heart is filled with young dreams (dreams) / And I'm longing to / Share them all with you / In my eyes, (my eyes, my eyes) / Oh can't you see in my eyes (in eyes) / That you're the only one who / Can make my young dreams come true / I have young arms / That wanna hold you (hold you) / Hold you oh so tight / I have young lips (lips) / That want to kiss you (kiss you) / Kiss you morning noon and night / Take my hand (my hand my hand) / Oh darling take my hand (take hand) / And let me make you a part / Of all my young dreams of love / I have young arms / That wanna hold you (hold you) / Hold you oh so tight / I have young lips (lips) / That want to kiss you (kiss you) / Kiss you morning noon and night / Take my hand (my hand my hand) / Oh darling take my hand (take hand) / And let me make you a part / Of all my young dreams of love / A part of all of my young dreams of love / (Young dreams of love, young dreams of love) / (Rachel's Own / Dandy Grifters, ASCAP) 2:23 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Steadfast, Loyal and True (Leiber - Stoller) - Farewell, Royal High School, / We'll remember you / Dear alma mater / We're steadfast, loyal, and true / As we go onward / In the lives we lead / Your light will guide us / Your motto is our creed / We will look back fondly / At your ivy walls / Recalling precious moments / Within your hallowed halls / Farewell, Royal High School / We'll remember you / Dear alma mater / We're steadfast, loyal, and true / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music, ASCAP) 1:15 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

New Orleans (Tepper - Bennett) - You'll never know / What heaven means / Until you've been down to New Orleans / You ain't been livin' till you cuddle and coo / With some black-eyed baby by de old bayou / You've never seen / You've never seen those Cupid doll queens / Like they got 'em in New Orleans / And, ooh, they love you like no-one can / It makes you awful glad that you were born a man / If-if-if you ain't been there / Then you ain't been nowhere / The livin's lazy and the lovin's fine / If you feel low down / So help me Hannah / You should lose the blues in Loui-si-i-si-ana / Get the lead / Get the lead out of your jeans / And hot foot it down, hot foot down to where? / New Orleans / Louisiana baby tells you stay awhile / Live it up, love it up, southern style / Way down in New New Orleans / (Gladys Music, ASCAP) 2:09 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood. 

Pablo Aluísio. 

3 comentários:

  1. Eu sempre gostei tanto do Elvis que demorei anos para perceber que as musicas desse filme nao eram rock, pra mim se tinha Elvis, era rock, simples assim.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Esse disco é diferenciado na discografia de Elvis. Algo parecido só vejo na trilha sonoa do filme "Frankie and Johnny" de 1966. Mas aquele álbum já era de outro momento da carreira dele.


    ResponderExcluir