terça-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2024

Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock - Letras

Jailhouse Rock (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - The warden threw a party in the county jail. / The prison band was there and they began to wail. / The band was jumpin' and the joint began to swing. / You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block. / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock. / Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone, / Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone. / The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang, / the whole rhythm section was the Purple Gang. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock. / Number forty-seven said to number three: / "You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see. / I sure would be delighted with your company, / come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock. / The sad sack was a sittin' on a block of stone / way over in the corner weepin' all alone. / The warden said, "Hey, buddy, don't you be no square. / If you can't find a partner use a wooden chair. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / Shifty Henry said to Bugs, "For Heaven's sake, / no one's lookin', now's our chance to make a break." / Bugsy turned to Shifty and he said, "Nix nix, / I wanna stick around a while and get my kicks." / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 2:26 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Treat Me Nice (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - When I walk through that door / Baby be polite / You're gonna make me sore / If you don't greet me right / Don't you ever kiss me once, kiss me twice / Treat me nice / I know that you've been told / It's not fair to tease / So if you come on cold / I'm really gonna freeze / If you don't want me to be cold as ice / Treat me nice / Make me feel at home / If you really care / Scratch my back and run your pretty / Fingers through my hair / You know I'll be your slave / If you ask me to / But if you don't behave / I'll walk right out on you / If you want my love then take my advice / Treat me nice / Make me feel at home / If you really care / Scratch my back and run your pretty / Fingers through my hair / You know I'll be your slave / If you ask me to / But if you don't behave / I'll walk right out on you / If you want my love then take my advice / Treat me nice / Treat me nice / If you really want my love then treat me nice / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 2:10 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Young and Beautiful (Aaron Schroeder / Abner Silver) - You're so young and beautiful and I love you so / Your lips so red, your eyes that shine / Shame the stars that glow / So fill these lonely arms of mine / And kiss me tenderly / Then you'll be forever young / And beautiful to me / You're so young and beautiful, you're everything I love / Your angel smile, your gentle touch / Are all I'm dreaming of / Oh take this heart I offer you / And never set me free / Then you'll be forever young / And beautiful to me / (Gladys Music / Rachel's Own Music, ASCAP) 2:02 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care (Jerry Leiber / Mike Stoller) - Oh you don't like greasy diners / You don't like sleezy bands / You just want to go / To a movie show / And sit there holding hands / You're so square / Baby I don't care / You don't like going to parties / To toot and talk all night long / You just want to park / Where it's nice and dark / And kiss me, sweet and strong / You're so square / Baby, I don't care / You don't know any dance steps / That are new / But nobody else could love me / Like you do do do do / I don't know why my heart flips / I only know it does / I wonder why / I love you baby / I guess it's just because / You're so square / Baby' I don't care / Baby' I don't care / Baby' I don't care / Baby' I don't care / I don't know why my heart flips / I only know it does / I wonder why / I love you baby / I guess it's just because / You're so square / Baby' I don't care / Baby' I don't care / Baby' I don't care / Baby' I don't care / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 1:51 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

I Want To Be Free (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - There's no joy in my heart, / only sorrow / And I'm sad / as a man can be / I sit alone in the darkness / of my lonely room / And this room / is a prison to me / I look at window / and what to I see / I see a bird / way up in the tree / I want to be free free / Free - ee - ee - ee / I want to be free / like the bird in the tree / What good are my eyes, / they can't see you / And my arms, / they can't hold so tight / I have two lips / that are yearning, / but they're no good to me / Cause I know I can't kiss you tonight / I look at window / and what to I see / I see a bird / way up in the tree / I want to be free free / Free - ee - ee - ee / I want to be free / like the bird in the tree / I want to be free / like the bird in the tree / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 2:12 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Don't Leave Me Now (Aaron Schroeder - Ben Weisman) - Don't leave me now / Now that I need you / How blue and lonely I'd be / If you should say we're through / Don't break my heart / This heart that loves you / They'll just be nothing for me / If you should leave me now / What good is dreamin' / If I must dream all alone by myself / Without you darling / My arms would gather dust / Come to these arms / These arms that need you / Don't close your eyes to my plea / Don't leave me now / Don't close your eyes to my plea / Don't leave me now / (Gladys Music / Rachel's Own Music, ASCAP) 2:05 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Elvis Presley - EP Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley (vocal e baixo) / Scotty Moore (guitarra) / Bill Black (baixo) / D.J. Fontana (bateria) / Dudley Brooks (piano) / Mike Stoller (piano) / The Jordanaires (vocais) / Arranjado por Steve Sholes e Elvis Presley / Produzido por Steve Sholes / Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957, exceto "Treat Me Nice" gravada em 5 de setembro de 1957 / Local de gravação: Radio Recorders, Hollywood / Data de lançamento: setembro de 1957 (single) e outubro de 1957 (Extended Play) / Melhor posição alcançada nas charts: EUA #1 e UK #1 (single) e EUA #1 e UK #18 - (Extended Play).

Pablo Aluísio

3 comentários:

  1. Num outro post eu disse que a Julie London era uma cantora sofisticada.
    Tai uma coisa de que nunca acusaram o Elvis Presley, de ser um cantor sofisticado, nem perto disso. Era vibrante, voz maviosa, sexi, belo, romântico, mas sofisticado, jamais, ao contrário do Frank Sinatra, por exemplo.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Dificilmente cantores extremamente populares ganham esse status... com Elvis não seria diferente...

    ResponderExcluir