sexta-feira, 19 de abril de 2024

Elvis Presley - Elvis' Christmas Album - Letras

Santa Claus is Back in Town (Leiber - Stoller) - Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, / Well, it's Christmas time pretty baby / And the snow is falling on the ground / Well, it's Christmas time pretty baby / And the snow is falling down / Well you be a real good little girl / Santa Claus is back in town / Got no sleigh with reindeer / No sack on my back / You're gonna see me comin' in a big black cadillac / Oh, it's Christmas time pretty baby / And the snow is falling on the ground / Well you be a real good little baby / Santa Claus is back in town / Hang up your pretty stockings / And turn off the light / Santa Claus is comin' down your chimney tonight / Oh, it's Christmas time pretty baby / And the snow is falling on the ground / Well you be a real good little baby / Santa Claus is back in town / Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, / (Jerry Leiber Music Co, Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 2:22 - Data de gravação: 7 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

White Christmas (Irving Berlin) - I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, / Just like the ones I used to know. / Where those tree-tops glisten, / And children listen / To hear sleighbells in the snow. / I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, / With every Christmas card I write, / May your days be merry and bright, / And may all your Christmases be white / I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, / Just like the ones I used to know. / May your days may your days may your days be merry and bright, / And may all your Christmases be white. / (Irving Berling Music Corp, ASCAP) 2:23 - Data de gravação: 6 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) (Autry - Haldeman) - Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, / Right down Santa Claus Lane / Vixen, Blitzen, all his reindeer / Pulling on the reins. / Bells are ringing, children singing, / All is merry and bright. / Hang your stockings and say a prayer, / 'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight / Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, / Riding down Santa Claus Lane / He's got a bag that's filled with toys / For boys and girls again. / Hear those sleigh bells jingle jangle, / What a beautiful sight. / Jump in bed and cover up your head, / Because Santa Claus comes tonight. / Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, / Riding down Santa Claus Lane. / He doesn't care if you're a rich or poor boy, / He loves you just the same. / Santa knows that we're God's children, / That makes everything right. / Fill your hears with Christmas cheer, / 'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight / Well, here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, / Riding down Santa Claus Lane / He'll come around when the chimes ring out / It's Christmas morn again. / Peace on Earth will come to all / If we just follow the light / Let's give thanks to the Lord above, / 'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight / 'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight / (Warner Bros Music Corp, Western Music ASCAP) 1:54 - Data de gravação: 6 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

I'll Be Home for Christmas (Al Kent - Don Gannon) - I'll be home for Christmas, / You can plan on me. / Please have snow and mistletoe / And presents for the tree. / Christmas Eve will find me / Where the love light leads. / I'll be home for Christmas, oh yes / If only in my dreams / (Gannon & Kent Music Co, ASCAP) 1:53 - Data de gravação: 7 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Blue Christmas (Billy Hayes / Jay Johnson) - I'll have a Blue Christmas without you / I'll be so blue thinking about you / Decorations of red on a green Christmastree / Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me / I'll have a Blue Christmas that's certain / And when that blue heartache starts hurtin' / You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white, / But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas / (Polygram International, ASCAP) 2:07 - Data de gravação: 5 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me (Aaron Schroder / Claude DeMetrius) - Santa bring my baby back to me / Santa bring my baby back to me / I don't need a lot of presents / To make my Christmas bright / I just need my baby's arms / Wound around me tight / Oh oh santa hear my plea / Santa bring my baby back to me / Santa bring my baby back to me / The Christmas tree is ready / The candles all aglow / But with my baby far away / What good is mistletoe / Oh oh Santa, hear my plea / Santa bring my baby back to me / Santa bring my baby back to me / Please make these reindeer hurry / Well their time is drawing near / It sure won't seem like Christmas / Until my baby's here / Fill my sock with candy / And a bright and shiny toy / You wanna make me happy and fill my heart with joy / Then Santa, hear my plea / Santa bring my baby back to me / Santa bring my baby back to me / Please make these reindeer hurry / Well their time is drawing near / It sure won't seem like Christmas / Until my baby's here / Fill my sock with candy / And a bright and shiny toy / You wanna make me happy and fill my heart with joy / Then Santa, hear my plea / Santa bring my baby back to me / Santa bring my baby back to me / Santa bring my baby back to me / Then Santa, hear my plea / Santa bring my baby back to me / (Gladys Music, Rachel's Own Music ASCAP) 1:51 - Data de gravação: 7 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

O Little Town of Bethlehem (Redner / Brooks) - Oh little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie / Above thy deep and dreamless sleep the silent stars go by / Yet in thy dark streets shineth, the everlasting light / The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight / For Christ is born of Mary, and gathered all above / While mortals sleep the zkeep their watch of wondering love / Oh morning stars together, proclaim thy holy birth. / And praises sing to God the king, and peace to men on earth / Oh little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie / Above thy deep and dreamless sleep the silent stars go by / Yet in thy dark streets shineth, the everlasting light / The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight / (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:35 - Data de gravação: 7 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Silent Night (Mohr - Gruber) - Silent night, holy night. / All is calm, all is bright. / 'Round yon virgin mother and child. / Holy infant so tender and mild. / Sleep in heavenly peace, / Sleep in heavenly peace / Silent night, holy night. / Shepherds quake at the sight. / Glorious strains from Heaven afar / Heavenly Hosts sing alleluia. / Christ the Saviour is born, / Christ the Saviour is born. / (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:23 - Data de gravação: 7 de setembro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

(There Will Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) (Thomas A. Dorsey) - Oh well, I’m tired and so weary / But I must go alone / Till the lord comes and calls, calls me away, oh yes / Well the morning's so bright / And the lamp is alight / And the night, night is as black as the sea, oh yes / There will be peace in the valley for me, some day / There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray / There'll be no sadness, no sorrow / No trouble, trouble I see / There will be peace in the valley for me, for me / Well the bear will be gentle / And the wolves will be tame / And the lion shall lay down by the lamb, oh yes / And the beasts from the wild / Shall be lit by a child / And I'll be changed, changed from this creature that I am, oh yes / There will be peace in the valley for me, some day / There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray / There'll be no sadness, no sorrow / No trouble, trouble I see / There will be peace in the valley for me, for me / (Unichapell Music, BMI) 3:21 - Data de gravação: 13 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

I Believe (Erwin Drake - Irvin Graham - Jimmy Shirl - Al Stillman) - I believe for every drop of rain that falls / A flower grows / I believe that somewhere in the darkest night / A candle glows / I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come / To show the way / I believe, I believe / I believe above a storm the smallest prayer / Can still be heard / I believe that someone in the great somewhere / Hears every word / Everytime I hear a new born baby cry, / Or touch a leaf or see the sky / Then I know why, I believe / Everytime I hear a new born baby cry, / Or touch a leaf or see the sky / Then I know why, I believe / (Gentleman Jim Co, ASCAP) 2:05 - Data de gravação: 12 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Take M Hnd Pecious Lord (Thomas A. Dorsey) - Precious Lord, take my hand / Lead me on, let me stand / I'm tired, I’m weak, I’m lone / Through the storm, through the night / Lead me on to the light / Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home / When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near / When my light is almost gone / Hear my cry, hear my call / Hold my hand lest I fall / Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home / When the darkness appears and the night draws near / And the day is past and gone / At the river I stand / Guide my feet, hold my hand / Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home / Precious Lord, take my hand / Lead me on, let me stand / I'm tired, I’m weak, I’m lone / Through the storm, through the night / Lead me on to the light / Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home / (Warner Tamerlane Corp, BMI) 3:16 - Data de gravação: 13 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

It Is No Secret (What God Can Do) (Stuart Hamblin) - The chimes of time ring out the news, / Another day is through. / Someone slipped and fell. / Was that someone you? / You may have longed for added strength, / Your courage to renew. / Do not be disheartened, / For I have news for you. / It is no secret what God can do. / What He's done for others, He'll do for you. / With arms wide open, He'll pardon you. / It is no secret what God can do. / There is no night for in His light / You never walk alone. / Always feel at home, / Wherever you may go. / There is no power can conquer you / While God is on your side. / Take Him at His promise, / Don't run away and hide / It is no secret what God can do. / What He's done for others, He'll do for you. / With arms wide open, He'll pardon you. / It is no secret what God can do / (MCA Corp, BMI) 3:53 - Data de gravação: 19 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Elvis Christmas Album - Elvis Presley (voz e violão) / Scotty Moore (guitarra) / Bill Black (baixo) / D.J.Fontana (bateria) / Dudley Brooks (piano) / Millie Kirkham (vocais) / Jordanaires (acompanhamento vocal) / Produzido por Steve Sholes / Arranjado por Elvis Presley e Steve Sholes / Gravado nos estúdios Radio Recorders - Hollywood / Data de Gravação: 05 a 07 de setembro de 1957 / Data de Lançamento: novembro de 1957 / Melhor posição nas charts: #1 (EUA) # - (UK). "Peace In The Valley" - Elvis Presley (voz e violão) / Scotty Moore (guitarra) / Bill Black (baixo) / D.J.Fontana (bateria) / Gordon Stoker (piano) / Dudley Brooks (piano) / Hoyt Hawkins (órgão) / Jordanaires (acompanhamento vocal) / Produzido por Steve Sholes / Arranjado por Elvis Presley e Steve Sholes / Gravado nos estúdios Radio Recorders - Hollywood / Data de Gravação: 12 a 13 de janeiro de 1957 e 19 de janeiro de 1957 / Data de Lançamento: abril de 1957 / Melhor posição nas charts: #39 (EUA) # - (UK).

Pablo Aluísio.

3 comentários:

  1. Essa cara que o Elvis fazia nessas fotos dos anos '50 era o que ele achava que seria uma expressão do James Dean. Nem o Elvis talvez o homem mais imitado do.mundo, escapou de também imitar seus ídolos.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Ele era muito fã de James Dean e Marlon brando...

    ResponderExcluir